HRI is pleased to partner with Cornerstones’ Assistance Services and Pantry Program (ASAPP) as the recipient of donated items.
- Cornerstones, as many of us in Reston and Herndon know is a nonprofit organization that promotes self-sufficiency by providing support and advocacy for those in need of food, shelter, affordable housing, quality childcare, and other human services.
- We ask that you bring items from the following list. We also ask that if you can, please focus on those items those Cornerstones’ clients are unable to purchase with their EBT/SNAP benefits, namely those non-food items included in the list.
- Thank you in advance for participating in HRI’s food drive and doing whatever you can to help make this a success and especially for helping those who are less fortunate in our community!!
Shopping List Non-Food Items
- Deodorant, soap, shampoo, hand and body lotions
- Razors, shaving cream
- Toothpaste, tooth brushes
- Laundry detergent, dishwashing liquid
- Toilet paper, paper towels, tissues
NOTE that the inventory has an overabundance of diapers, women’s hygiene products, and canned or bottled juices.
Shopping List Food
Low sodium, low fat, sugar free, gluten free, and organic items are always appreciated for Cornerstones’ clients with special dietary needs! All items must be non-perishable
- Canned tuna, salmon, chicken, ham (5oz)
- Condiments, mayo, ketchup, mustard, etc. (20oz)
- Canned fruit
- Canola and olive oils (48oz) and vinegar
- Coffee and tea
- Dry beans
- Lentils, quinoa, etc.
- Plain oatmeal, breakfast cereals
If you cannot attend the meeting on October 24th, 2017, you can always drop off items you wish to donate at Cornerstones Food Pantry and Emergency Services offices located at;
Lake Anne Professional Building
11484 Washington Plaza West #120
Reston, VA 20190
Hours of Operation Monday-Thursday: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, Friday: 8:30 am – 1:30 pm
1st Saturday of each month: 9:00 am -1:00 pm