WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
Here is an article about the march, with advice on transportation, supplies, clothing, etc.
Several security perimeters will make walking the only way to get in close. Plan to use mass transit and wear comfortable shoes.
This sponsored link has good information on what to expect.
SHOULD I BRING MY CHILDREN?
Of course, this is a personal decisions but see this Facebook page for more information about including young participants.
TAKE THE BUS TO THE WOMEN’s MARCH!
Kimberly Smith has reserved a bus at her own expense and is now filling it up. She expects the cost per person will be $48-$53/person (including driver, taxes, etc).
The bus would leave from Northern Virginia, drive into D.C. and remain for the march, and then return. Details on exact locations will be forthcoming. For more information, contact Kim directly via e-mail: Smith.KJay@gmail.com
ARE THERE SOME WELCOMING, WARM PLACES DOWNTOWN?
Yes, click here for a growing list of businesses and buildings that will be available. Some are identified as hospitality stations; others are just indoor places to get warmed up.
From Fairfax Grassroots:
Thank you, Annabel Park for these helpful suggestions. And I’m going to add, don’t go alone, hook up with at least one friend.
Tips for the march:
1) Leave bags at home and wear a light but warm jacket with good pockets.
2) Tissues to use as toilet paper in case public bathrooms run out.
3) Backup charger or 2 for your phone.
4) Breakfast bars or some other portable snack.
5) Small water bottle that will fit into your pocket.
6) Clean storage of your phone so that you can take lots of photos and videos.
7) Wear super comfortable shoes.
1) Bring Chapstick
2) Bring only 1 ID, 1 credit card, and a bit of cash.
3) Buy a metro card in advance with plenty of credit on it to avoid lines.
4) Set up “find my phone” in case you lose it.
5) If you have medications or medical conditions, bring a piece of paper with a list of currant medications, brief medical history, and emergency contact information. Keep it with your ID and insurance card. (h/t Charlotte Bradley-Cunningham)
6) Project Veritas/James O’Keefe will be out trying to make us look bad along the lines of “Look how stupid, hateful, racist, and/or violent these liberals are.” If you agree to an interview with media, ask a trusted person to video (or at least audiotape) your entire interview on your phone so that you have an unedited copy.